We're putting together a team of festival worker witches for the 6th Annual Murphys Witch Walk Vendor Bazaar on Saturday, October 15. The vendor bazaar runs from 11 am to 7 pm.
We're looking for talented individuals who can handle a four hour shift. Longer shifts are available if you're interested that will start as early as 8 am for set-up and post-event for load-out and clean-up. We're paying $20 per hour. (Yes, we're actually paying people to work a Murphys festival event).
- General security and crowd control in the Native Sons Hall, which is where the main vendor bazaar will be held. So, good people skills are a must... turning people into frogs will not be permitted, regardless of how difficult they are.
- Work the Murphys Witch Walk Vendor Bazaar Admission Desk - sell and check admission tickets, sell raffle tickets, give out advance sale goody bags, etc.
- Work the Murphys Witch Walk vendor tables - sell merchandise, such as commemorative posters, bumper stickers, goody bags, and other merchandise. We hope to have Murphys Witch Walk branded clothing. We'll also send you home with some cool perks and swag.
- You'll be handling cash, making change, running credit card transactions, etc.
- Even though we're a bunch of eccentric and endearing witches, pagans and heathens... Professionalism is a must... and Dress to impress! You'll be a Murphys Ambassador. This is a town-wide Calaveras Arts and Music Award-winning costumed festival that was also recently voted Best Annual Event by the readers of the Ledger Dispatch Newspaper.
- We also need a cleaning crew at the end of the day to restore the Native Sons Hall to it's pre-vendor bazaar spic-and-span condition. Wipe down and stack tables, stack chairs, clean the restrooms and sweep and mop the floor. Cleaning crew is needed from about 8pm to job is done. That would be about 90-minutes absolute tops and a mutually agreed-to flat-rate fee would be compensation.
- Retail sales skills and experience a must, but no necessary, as we'll train you to professional olympic-level skills for about 20-minutes before doors open.
- Over 18-years of age, please.
Please apply through the application form. We'll be getting back to qualified candidates in late September to arrange interviews.